Fire Safety Visit from Navan Fire Brigade
3rd and 4th classes took part in Navan Fire Brigade’s Fire Safety campaign. We were visited by 2 firemen who told us about all the dangers that may be present in our homes and what we can do to prevent them. They spoke about candles, matches, electrical fires and heaters and overloaded sockets and extension cords. They also spoke about the importance of hoovering out our fire alarms annually and changing the batteries. They gave each child a pack containing a home checklist that they asked them to complete and return to school to pass on to them. The children really enjoyed their visit.