What a wonderful day and evening we had in St. Anne’s Loreto on November 9th. The present day hall was built in 1853 (170 years ago) by the Loreto Sisters for the education of girls. The front building was added in 1953 making it 70 years old. We had a wide variety of pupils, staff and community, both past and present, on hand to celebrate this occasion. In the morning, our Chairperson, Máire, raised a flag commissioned to mark the occasion and cut the ribbon to unveil a commemorative plaque. The Leabhair Rolla and many other records were out in the hall for all to reminisce over. The photos that adorn our walls sparked many a memory of times past. Former staff members enjoyed visiting their old classrooms and offices and marvelling at the changes in the years that have past. Parents and grandparents enjoyed showing current pupils various items around the school that they remember from their time spent in St. Anne’s.
Please enjoy our selection of photos from the day.